We are pleased to announce that Betsy Schaaf has accepted the position of Director of Compliance Services, effective July 7, 2020. Betsy is an ERISA attorney bringing over 20 years experience in ERISA Compliance, including retirement plan administration and customer service. She is a proven leader with significant experience aligning teams across locations, document drafting and system conversions. She has served as an ERISA subject matter expert for multiple financial institutions and offered ERISA training to a variety of audiences.
She lives in Loveland, Ohio (a suburb of Cincinnati) with her husband Andy, daughter Katy (17), son Will (15) and our black lab “Putnam”. Her hobbies include reading, taking walks with her family, spending time at the pool and on the golf course. Her family loves college basketball (Xavier University season ticket holders for 20+ years.). They are also a big Disney family and frequently travel to Disney World. They also enjoy visiting her husband’s family in Wisconsin.
- As an ERISA consultant, Betsy identified and engaged a solution for the client’s Automatic IRAs and lost and missing participants
- As an independent consultant with a National Insurance Company, Betsy served as a subject matter expert for the implementation of DOL Fiduciary regulation across all product lines, successfully utilizing an Agile approach. Although the Rule was eventually overturned, the client was well-positioned to fully implement the recommended courses of action in advance of the effective date of the Rule
- Betsy has led teams through multiple document restatements, with a focus on plan improvement and client satisfaction. All of these projects were completed on time and under budget
- She has served as a leader during system conversions at two major insurance companies
- Betsy has fostered and maintained relationships throughout the Retirement Plan Industry, cultivating a strong network of associates with valuable expertise
ERISA expertise, Plan design, Customer service, Agile Project Management, Leadership, Change Management, Service Optimization
Prior Positions Held
- DOL Fiduciary and Compliance Consultant – Ohio National Financial Services
- ERISA and Retirement Plan Project Consultant – Ohio National Financial Services
- Vice President, ERISA Plan Services – Ameritas Life Insurance Corp.
- Vice President, ERISA Plan Services & Administration – Ameritas Life Insurance Corp.
- Vice President, ERISA Plan Services – Union Central Life