SMA Services, Inc. has partnered with Southern Protective Group (SPG) to offer a wide range of medical professional liability services. SPG, an independent insurance brokerage practice, specializes in medical liability program consulting, design and placement.
SMA Services, Inc.’s exclusive partnership with SPG offers physician groups and hospital systems access to proprietary programs that include profit sharing models and hybrid captive alternatives. Captive programs can be designed with built-in safety nets to reduce potential downside risks while clients are able to enjoy the many upside financial captive benefits – all the while anchored with the security of an AM Best “A” rated medical professional liability carrier.
“I was hesitant to meet with their representative. Southern Protective Group compared coverage and rates with several highly rated insurers. Bottom line… I could get better coverage and maintain “control” of settlement issues while cutting my premium in half or more through Medicus, an “A” rated insurer.” – Clement P. Cotter, Jr., MD, MBA
FAQ’s about Medical Professional Liability
SMA’s CIO, Randy Glick recently spoke with Gregg C. Schieffelbein, President of Southern Protective Group (a firm specializing in medical malpractice program design, consulting, and placement) about Medical Professional Liability Insurance.
- How do market conditions affect my choice?
- What do I look for when choosing a carrier?
- How can I control the costs associated with this type of insurance?
- What are some key policy provisions and considerations?
- Can I protect myself and my practice?
- What other policy enhancements should I consider?
Partnering with SPG we can offer SMA members access to some of the most innovative professional liability services and products in the country. Highlights we offer are:
- Access to over 20 of the nation’s leading insurers of medical professional liability
- Programs tailored around the unique characteristics of each physician
- Programs that range from traditional zero deductible options to captive/self-insured alternatives
Protect your career with SMA Services, Inc. Medical Professional Liability plan. CALL Kim Woods. 1-800-423-4992 ext. 192, for more information.