A sudden illness or injury can put your financial stability in jeopardy
Short-term Insurance provides you vital income protection.
SMA Services, Inc. has experts that can help you select the right amount of disability insurance that meets your needs.
Group Short Term Disability insurance might be right for you if:
- You want immediate coverage the first day of your disability
- You need coverage until your employer-provided disability benefits begin
- You’re willing to accept a shorter period of coverage for lower premium
Chances are you already purchase home and auto insurance to protect against the threat of loss. So what steps have you taken to help shield yourself and your loved ones from an unexpected loss of income? Would you be able to meet your financial obligations if you became disabled and unable to work? Group Short Term Disability (STD) insurance is designed to pay a benefit to you in the event you cannot work because of a covered illness or injury. This benefit replaces a portion of your income, thus helping you meet your financial commitments in time of need. The risk of disability is greater than most people think. Statistics have shown:
- On the average, about 2,330 disabling injuries occur every hour during the year
- Nearly one person in five, about 49.7 million Americans, has some type of long lasting condition or disability.
SMA Services, Inc., recognizes that individuals have different needs and has provided you the opportunity to apply for the right amount of protection for you and your family. Use the Needs Estimator to calculate the amount of disability insurance you may need, then calculate the amount of premium using the Premium Calculator.
To speak with a Customer Service Representative, call 1-800-423-4992 ext 150-Wendy Erhart